Many organisations are weighing up the value of investing in energy efficiency improvements within their buildings to reduce energy consumption to combat rising energy costs. One energy efficiency measure that is always towards the top of the list is LED lighting, but is it worth it?
What are the advantages of LED lighting?
There are many advantages of upgrading to LED lighting which includes:
- Energy savings – depending on your current lighting you could save up to 90% of lighting energy costs! i.e if your annual lighting energy cost is £10k it could reduce to £1k.
- ROI – return on investment on LED lighting is quick as it offers such great savings and with rising energy costs returns are even more attractive. For example, if your current lighting cost £10k to run last year it may likely increase to £22-30k (depending on your energy contract) so the time it will take to recoup the investment will be much shorter as running costs are higher and you will benefit from greater savings.
- Minimal disruption – LED lighting installations can be completed around your activities to prevent unnecessary disruption to your organisation’s day to day activities.
- Improved lighting – there are different types of light fittings including different colours which can cater for different environments and help create different ambients. For example, colours can be selected to be kinder to eyes, can aid productivity by helping make people more alert and enhance the setting of the room by creating an ambience.
- Flexible and fit for purpose – LED lights can be tailored to the area and can often result in a reduced number of fittings being required as they are brighter, therefore, creating savings on your energy demand.
- Lower maintenance – LED lighting can last up to 50,000 hours which is up to 25 times longer! This means that not only will you not have to replace as many light fittings, but you also won’t have to pay the maintenance costs for changing the fittings as frequently.
- Carbon footprint – by reducing your energy consumption you will also be reducing your carbon footprint.
- Environmentally friendly – not only do they use less energy, but they are also kinder to the environment as there is less waste and they don’t contain toxic compounds like mercury and can be recycled.
With so many advantages, why hasn’t everyone upgraded their lighting? Many may think that funding is a barrier but that doesn’t need to be the case.
Funding LED lighting might be easier than you think
Many organisations are not aware that funding for up to 100% of their energy efficient project is available and it can be a very cost effective option to access. The return on investment on LED lighting is extremely attractive as it is short, so funding the installation through a loan can be a simple solution as the savings made can often cover the repayments. With no upfront costs and savings covering the repayment, it makes the upgrade cost neutral and a popular choice.
With energy prices continuing to rise, savings year on year will increase and you will benefit now and in the long-term from reducing your energy demand. So act now and start saving, contact us about upgrading your lighting and find out how much you could save.